When installing and configuring an active/active BizTalk 2013 R2 environment with the setup below, I received the error that the secret is not available from the master secret server “Cannot perform encryption or decryption because the secret is not available from the master secret server.”. The error appeared on the active BizTalk node when cereating a new receive port with a new receive location. This was after going back to a previous checkpoint via the Hyper-V Manager.
The solution was to restore the Master Secret via these steps
- Go to the SQL Server and open a command prompt as administrator
- CD C:\Program Files\Common Files\Enterprise Single Sign-On\
- ssoConfig -restoresecret “<custom path>\Enterprise Single Sign-On\SSO<generated code on install>.bak”
- Fill in the Master Secret password.
- “The operation completed successfully.”
- Close the command prompt, master secret is successfully restored.